802.11 bgn 2.4GHz
The RS9110-N-11-23 module from Redpine's Connect-io-n™ family of products is a complete IEEE 802.11bgn Wi-Fi client device with a standard serial or SPI interface to a host processor or data source. It integrates a MAC, Baseband processor, RF transceiver with power amplifier and all WLAN protocol and configuration functionality in embedded firmware to provide an 802.11n WLAN solution for a variety of applications. No WLAN driver functionality is required on the host processor. Based on Redpine Signals' RS9110 SoC which includes an embedded processor, it is designed to provide standards compliant wireless connectivity to devices and systems that have a serial port and implement a TCP/IP stack. As a wireless serial modem, the RS9110-N-11-23 handles SLIP packets, and originates and terminates UDP connections, enabling a variety of M2M applications at low cost and small footprint. It uniquely provides connectivity in the single stream 802.11n mode, preserving overall network throughput in the emerging enterprise environments.
- Compliant to 802.11b/g and single stream 802.11n
- Does not require any WLAN driver on the host processore
- Includes all the protocol and configuration functions required for WLAN connectivity in open and WPA/WPA2-PSK secure modes of operation
- Host interface through Serial Interface and SPI
- Terminates UDP and SLIP connections and offers transparent serial modem functionality
- Configuration through AT commands
- Ultra low power operation with power save modes
- Ad-hoc and infrastructure modes for maximum deployment flexibility.
- Single supply 3.1 to 3.6 V operation
- Certification : Module is based on RS9110-N11-02 which is certified by FCC, IC and CE.
- Evaluation Package
- Block Diagram
- Seamless Wi-Fi Connectivity for Application Processors
- Point of Sale Terminals
- Security Cameras & Surveillance Equipment
- Logistics and Freight Management
- Digital Picture Frames
- Several Medical Applications including Patient Monitoring, Remote Diagnostics, etc.
- IEEE 802.11b/g/n/i
802.11n: 6.5, 13, 19.5, 26, 39, 52, 58.5, 65 Mbps
802.11g: 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54 Mbps
802.11b: 1, 2, 5.5, 11 Mbps
- 2.412 - 2.484 GHz
- OFDM with BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM, and 64-QAM 802.11b with CCK and DSSS
- WMM and WMM Power Save Support
- 802.11i: AES, WPA, and WPA2
- MCS 0-7, STBC, RIFS, Greenfield Protection, A-MPDU, A-MSDU Aggregation with Block-ack, PSMP, MTBA
- SPI, UART
- ARP, UDP, SLIP
- Power save modes, automatic roaming, Ad-hoc and Infrastructure modesSupported UART baud rates
- Supports standard baud rates from 9600bps to 3.6Mbps
- AT commands (for UART)
- Industrial Grade -40ºC to +85ºC
- 3.1 - 3.6 V
- 13.7 mm x 12.9 mm
Redpine Signals provides a comprehensive evaluation package that includes a board with the module mounted on it, along with standard serial connector, UART level shifters, frequency reference, antenna and 5 V power supply connection. It also includes a Windows XP GUI based configuration utility and software upgrade capability, along with detailed documentation.