WiSeMote™ WM1-20 802.11bgn (2.4GHz) tag
WiSeMote is the first RTLS tag family in the industry where the tag manufacturer owns the active Wi-fi technology. This translates into an unprecedented level of energy efficiency and reliability, backed by IP protection and strategic roadmap alignment with future generations of RTLS.
The WM1-20 tag is ideal for use in environments that are based on legacy 2.4GHz 802.11bgn-based wireless infrastructure. It supports multiple modes of operation, among which the user can choose based on the infrastructure and use case. Sites that have Cisco-based APs and back-end mobility services (such as WCS and MSE) can use the CCX mode. Beaconing mode can be used in environments where hand-held clients e.g. Android tablets or phones are prevalent. Future versions of tag & configuration software will also support associated mode of operation, enabling any network of 3rd party APs to track assets in real-time without the need for any additional hardware investments.
In addition to location, tag provides telemetry information (battery life, motion and temperature). It has an emergency button which can be used to configure system alarms and notifications. Since it runs on battery, power consumption can be further optimized by configuring for less frequent beaconing while at rest (quiet), compared to when in motion (active).
The WM1-20 tag is IP54-certified for resistance against shock, vibration, and moisture. It is FCC/IC/CE approved.
- Industry’s first dual-band RTLS tag
- Multi-mode operation
- CCX compatible beaconing
- Proprietary beaconing for custom solutions
- Associated mode for locationing with standard infrastructure
- Enterprise security modes
- Motion detector
- Low frequency activated chokepoint support
- Alarm button and LEDs
- Fully wireless configurability
- Over-the-air Firmware Upgrade capable
- Battery life of over 5 years with 5-minute beaconing
- Part Description
- IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n
- 1 Mbps to 65 Mbps
- Through WM0 Wireless Configurator
- 2/3 AA 1200 mAh
WM1-20: 47 X 49 X 21 mm
WM1-50: 47 X 49 X 21 mm
WM0: 120 X 84 X 33 mm
- -40˚C to +85˚C (Industrial grade)
- Asset tracking in logistics and warehousing
- Medical applications including patient tracking
- People tracking for safety and security
- Monitoring of transport conditions using sensors
- Tracking of goods, materials and containers in shipping yards
- Inventory and equipment security
The WM0 Configurator enables the wireless configuration of tags brought to its vicinity. It communicates to a controlling PC via a USB link, and puts tags near it into configuration mode through low frequency signaling. Two-way configuration information is then exchanged via Wi-Fi packets without the need of connecting to a Wi-Fi infrastructure.
The WiSeMote™ tags are available in the form of an SDK that includes four tags, a configurator, and software. The software includes source code for sample applications and the configuration utility.
- Single band (2.4 GHz) RTLS and sensor tag
- Dual band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) RTLS and sensor tag
- Wireless configuration system for the tags
- Development kit with four WM1-20 tags, one WM0 configurator, sample applications and APIs
- Development kit with four WM1-50 tags, one WM0 configurator, sample applications and APIs